I’m proud to say that today is my 26th birthday. And for the first time in my life, there’s a small part of me that’s starting to feel old.
That small part is my hair. Stupid grays keep popping up all over the place. It’s been happening for almost a year now. At least gray hair can be dyed. Plus if I want to keep the grays, it will just increase my resemblance to George Clooney. It’s kind of a win-win. However, if I start going bald then let’s just say I better be a candidate for Rogaine.
As a member of the elite “birthday club” today, I decided to see if I could get any presents from some of the local businesses. I like food, so I wanted to find restaurants that give a free birthday dinner.
I’m not talking about a free dessert or something stupid like that. I’m not gonna go pay $20 for a meal and then think I got a deal because they gave me a free brownie with some ice cream. I want really free meals. I did some looking and found a few places that give you a pretty good deal just for being alive on the anniversary of your birth. Here are the best ones.
- Firehouse Subs – There was only one place I could find where they give you something just because it’s your birthday. Not because you signed up for their email list or liked their facebook page. They just want to give you a birthday present. I’m going here for lunch today, and I’ll definitely go again soon to actually purchase something. I want to give them business as a way to say thanks for my present. Heck, most of my friends who actually know me don’t even get me a present!
- IHOP – A free meal for signing up for their email list and another free meal on your birthday. I’m not a big fan of IHOP so I didn’t personally sign up for this one, but it’s a great deal for people who like pancakes or restaurants that look like they used to be churches.
- Benihana – $30 gift certificate to be used by the birthday boy or girl in their birthday month. I signed up for it on Monday and got the email on Tuesday. I have until June 2nd to use the coupon, so it’s nice that they give you some time. This deal is only good Mon-Thurs, but who cares? I could seriously eat their fried rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And dessert.
- Houlihan’s – Free entree on your b-day when you sign up for their email club. I signed up on Monday and got this coupon on Tuesday as well. These restaurants are quick. I don’t actually think I’ve ever eaten here, so it better be good.
- Jersey Mikes – Free sub and drink, but you have to sign up a week before your birthday. Thanks to their one-week policy, I’ll be going to Firehouse instead of Jersey’s Mikes today. Are you listening JM? I probably would’ve even bought a bag a chips from you. Take a hint from Benihana and Houlihan’s and get on board the “two days before your birthday” train!
Those are the only free meals I could find from restaurants in my area. A lot of ice cream places give a free cone or something on your birthday, but again, if I’m not getting a full meal out of this deal, then it’s not worth it to me. I’m sure there are more options, but I got tired of looking. If you know of other great birthday deals, post them in the comments below!
Join the Thousandaire newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.