It’s hard to find good legal help, and even harder to find legal help that won’t charge you too much. You can look for good lawyers on the internet or through word of mouth, but if the lawyer is really good he or she may be booked or cost too much. For these reasons, many people are starting to turn to online legal services for their needs.
There are many companies out there you can choose from, but just like finding a real-life lawyer, finding the online company to go with can be difficult as well. One of the most trusted companies is LegalZoom. In fact, it was one of the first internet based legal service and documentation companies to begin helping consumers with their legal needs. They’ve been around since 2001 and have accumulated a lot of reviews for potential customers to refer to.
But how do you know you can trust the LegalZoom reviews? It’s a well-known fact that many companies purchase reviews from writers now. So how can you be sure the review you’re reading (for any company, product, or service, really) is accurate, truthful, and not purchased and churned out from someone’s basement? Following a few simple steps and looking fora few key items will help you know what to look for when reading company reviews.
How to spot a fake review
There are a few ways to spot fake reviews.
- Be wary of reviews that use too many exclamation points, too many positive words, and too much enthusiasm. Unless a company made these reviewers millionaires, they probably aren’t that happy about the company.
- If the review is written like a press release, it’s a fake.
- If it doesn’t sound like a native English writer, it was probably outsourced. Even foreign natives writing a real review take the time to write the review in clear English.
- If you’re looking at LegalZoom reviews, for example, don’t settle on just one review and be done. That’s easy to do since the company offers the same basic services throughout the site. Read multiple reviews on everything you’re looking to purchase.
- Check the reviewer. If this person reviews many products, they’re getting paid to do so.
- If a product or company is reviewed many times in the same day, or receives multiple reviews, or back-to-back reviews written in the same style, they probably pay to have reviews.
LegalZoom reviews seem to be truthful. The company has a solid reputation and has been around for years. Lawyers are even using the site to file legal documents online, now, so that says something about the company’s reliability. If you go to the site, there are several reviews listed, and all seem to be honest, accurate, and positive. Using the above guidelines, none stuck out as being fake.
When buying anything these days it’s hard to know if you’re making a sound purchasing decision. This is not something you want to doubt when using something as important as legal services. Go with a well-reviewed lawyer or company you can trust and you can’t go wrong.