Do you need a personal retirement advisor? We are always cautioned to be prepared for retirement. However, it’s an overwhelming and complicated process. If you are a civil servant, like a police officer or teacher for example, retirement plans and future pensions are built into the occupation. But for other occupations, many workers must plan on their own and don’t get any personal advice.
It seems like many of us could probably use retirement advice. About half of all Americans have less than $10,000 saved for their future retirement plans. One out of every three Americans have absolutely no money saved and no plans for their retirement. Since many people don’t know what an IRA or 401(k) is, they are missing out on crucial benefits.
Most workers don’t know, or can’t afford, to match $25 a week to their existing 401(k) with their employers. So, they miss out on over $1,336 annually in matching retirement benefits from their employers. As you can see, many people may have the keys to securing their own retirement and not even know it. To become more informed about your retirement options, there is a man who offers his expertise as a public service to those who need it.
Have you ever heard of Ed Slott? He is the closest thing to a personal retirement advisor you will ever have. All you have to do is read his prolific articles, columns, books, or watch his regular public TV appearances to get beneficial retirement advice. Ed Slott is a finance expert, tax expert, CPA (Certified Public Accountant) public speaker, author, columnist, and arguably the preeminent expert on retirement preparation in the country.
Ed Slott – Retirement and Personal Finance Expert
Slott has cemented a career for himself as an IRA distribution expert and staunch public advocate for personal finance education. Especially when it comes to retirement and the urgency for retirement preparation. Basically, he is a retirement expert who shares his advice as a public service. Slott is also considered an expert in advising people on how to avoid penalties and unnecessary taxes relative to retirement funds.
He is well-known for organizing and coordinating IRA training classes, programs, workshops, and membership groups for the public. Slott is the founder of Ed Slott and Company, an educational company that offers IRA, tax, and personal finance advice in the form of articles, tutorials, and advice. They have a great IRA FAQ page. The Slott Report is a collection of his columns about IRAs, retirement, taxes, and all subjects related to personal finance.
Slott also regularly writes IRA-related columns for website Financial Planning. He is known for his regularly televised finance education specials on American public television. His latest finance education special on public TV was called “Retire Safe & Secure! with Ed Slott.” He is also the author of several books, including:
• Your Tax Questions Answered: A CPA With Over Twenty Years of Experience Answers the Most Commonly Asked Tax Questions (1997)
• The Retirement Savings Time Bomb . . . and How to Defuse It: A Five-Step Action Plan for Protecting Your IRAs, 401(k)s, and Other Retirement Plans from Near Annihilation by the Taxman (2003)
• Parlay Your IRA into a Family Fortune: 3 Easy Steps for Creating a Lifetime Supply of Tax-Deferred, Even Tax-Free, Wealth for You and Your Family (2004)
• Your Complete Retirement Planning Road Map: A Comprehensive Action Plan for Securing IRAs, 401(k)s, and Other Retirement Plans for Yourself and Your Family (2006)
• Stay Rich For Life! Workbook: Growing & Protecting Your Money in Turbulent Times (2009)
• Ed Slott’s Retirement Decisions Guide: 2018 Edition (2012)
• Fund Your Future: A Tax Smart Savings Plan In Your 20s and 30s (2018)
Ed Slott Net Worth
Ed Slott is a notorious for being an extremely private individual. Information related to his personal finances are not publicly or readily available. However, based on estimates related to his work as a CPA, author, and IRA expert, the best estimate of his net worth is about $500,500.