I’m trying to create my 2011 budget for this website, and one of the things I’m sorely lacking is a good logo.
Take a look at the top of my website. You’ll notice the familiar crappy text logo I made in about two minutes when I first launched the site, and then a big ugly advertisement that I’m sure no one ever clicks. I want to get rid of the banner ad at the top and just have a full header logo.
My logo is embarrassing and I want to update it, but I don’t have the skills to do it myself, which means I’m going to have to pay someone to do it for me.
I’ve done a little reading on my options, but I’m so clueless. I’m hoping someone out there has already done this and can tell me which option is best, or if there’s an even better option I haven’t thought about.
- 99Designs – I should get a lot of different designs and I can pick my favorite logo design for $295. I’m not sure how I’m gonna take a logo design and make it into a full header though.
- CrowdSpring – Same thing as 99 designs and I can get a lower price of about $239 for the logo. Or I could do $339 and get stationary too (I’ve been meaning to get business cards too). It’s still expensive and I don’t know how to make a header.
- elance – Instead of setting a price, getting designs and picking my favorite, I can have people bid on the right to do my logo and I can pick the lowest bidder (which will certainly be cheaper), but then I’m pretty much stuck with what they come up with without seeing it first.
- Make one myself – That obviously didn’t work out too well the first time. Does anyone know of a free 5-minute logo design crash course video?
- Barter with someone – Does anyone barter anymore? Maybe I can trade graphic design for a theme song. Does anyone need a theme song and want to make the Thousandaire logo? Let’s make this happen old school! My FB song was pretty good!
These are the options I’ve thought of so far. Right now I’m leaning towards doing elance because it will probably be cheapest, but at the same time I don’t want to go too cheap on my logo and get something that isn’t completely awesome!
I guess the thing that bothers me is that most logos I’ve seen look so simple (from an execution standpoint, not a creativity standpoint) and I feel like it’s not worth $200 or more, but at the same time I’m pretty confident I couldn’t do it myself.
Help me out Thousandaires!