You may have noticed a change in my website today. Well, unless this is your first time here, in which case you’ll just have to take my word for it when I say it looked a little different around here yesterday.
Five months ago, I was in LOVEEEE with my wordpress theme (the old one). I thought it was so unique and different from all the other themes I had seen. Plus, it integrated embedded videos from youtube very easily, which is the real reason I got the old theme in the first place. However, over time I realized the design was not very clean and a bit hard on the eyes. My readers deserve better than a crappy website!
I knew I needed a change, and after some shopping around on ThemeForest I got this phenomenal theme for $30. I want to point out some of the improvements from the old theme:
- The frontpage slider that fades to the next article every six seconds. How sweet is that!?
- A 600 character preview of any new post (not just video posts) on the main page
- A clean white background behind my text. This is so much easier to read and will allow me to reduce the gratuitous amounts of bolding and coloring I used to do with my text in the old theme to make it jump out
- A much cleaner comments section that isn’t embarrassing (the last site was a joke)
- Prominently displayed Subscribers and Twitter Followers at the top right (which reminds me, click those buttons if you don’t already subscribe and/or follow. Now! Please…)
- A real picture of me in the header instead of a cartoon. Geez I’m good looking! This photo was hand selected by Tag, but I’m not 100% sold on it. Let me know if you like the photo or think I need a better one.
So that’s how I feel about the new site, but I want to get your opinion. Do you love it as much as I do? Did I waste $30 on a crappy theme?
Whether you like it or not, thank you so much for coming to my site. It sincerely means the world to me when people come to my website, and I am just darn lucky to have so many great readers.
I have grown from literally nothing less than six months ago, to having over 100 feed subscribers and close to 300 twitter followers. In the last month, I’ve had over 2,500 visits and close to 5,000 page views. I have 135 posts and over 1,000 comments on those posts. This is ALL thanks to you.
I hope you’ll stay with me as I continue to grow this site and keep entertaining the pants off of you.
Join the Thousandaire newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.