For all my Christian readers out there, you are probably aware that yesterday was the first day of Lent.
That means good Catholics like me are giving something up for the next 40 days, and bad Catholics are going to run for president and try to force their idea of how a family should work on every single American. Wait, that’s just one bad Catholic.
Anyway, I need to come up with a way to make my life better over the next 40 days. It’s kinda hard because I’ve already broken quite a few bad habits this year.
- I’m eating better (although not as good as I should)
- I’m working out 6 days a week doing P90X
- I’m finally pulling in some extra money with this website
Being healthy and having some site income were two big goals for me, and I’m kicking some serious butt on those so far. But if I think hard enough, there are plenty of things I could be doing better. For example:
- I could spend less time playing video games on my tablet and/or PS3
- I could eat breakfast every morning instead of just 2-3 times a week
- I could come out with a new music video! (although I don’t feel bad at all for spending last weekend with my Mom and skipping the song I promised you guys)
- I could floss every day, as opposed to my current frequency of every time something is stuck in my teeth
- I could make more of an effort to hang out with my friends. My day job and my blog job take so much time I haven’t seen friends in forever.
I know I’m already supposed to be doing my Lenten sacrifice, but I need some help deciding. Of all the things I’ve listed here, what do you think I should do? Please post your suggestion in the comments.
And while we’re at it, let me know what you will be giving up or changing in the next 40 days. You don’t have to be Catholic or even Christian to spend 40 days making yourself a better person. Maybe you need to make some changes in your finances. Or maybe you just need to address something in your personal life. None of us is perfect. What are you going to do?
photo credit: spaceodissey