I am Fat Kevin.

Okay, maybe fat isn’t the right word. I’m just not in shape like I used to be. My clothes still fit and everything, but I just need to, you know, tighten up a bit.

I used to take off my shirt and look in the mirror before hopping in the shower with a thought such as “Now THAT is a fine looking man right there!” Today, it’s more of a “That guy looks like he might have been an athlete back in the day.”

I’m 26, not 56. I can’t be out of shape yet. And even though Tag is super sexy, she wants to tighten up a little too.

So just like 114% of all Americans, we have decided to get in shape for the new year.

How? I just ordered P90x.

90 Days From Being Good Looking

fat face entrance

photo credit: flickr.com/markhillary/

If you’ve never heard of P90x, it’s a DVD workout program that you do at home with just a pull up bar, some resistance bands, and your body. There are 12 different 1-hour workouts, and the program tells you which workouts to do on which day.

You are supposed to do one workout every day for 90 days, and then you’ll be a beefcake. It even tells you what to eat and everything. You have to give a full 90 day commitment to this program.

Tag and I are all in.

Let’s pretend I live until I’m 86 years old. That means I can either decide to live the next 60 years of my life not feeling great about my body, or I can kick my own ass for 90 days of intense training and then just work hard enough to maintain it for the rest of the time.

90 days is 0.4% of the rest of my life, which should make the next 99.6% happier. Worth it? You bet your sweet patootie.

$250 From Being Good Looking

Of course P90x isn’t free. In fact, when you count the DVDs and the two sets of doorway pullup bars and resistance bands I bought for Tag and I, it cost me just over $250. That’s a pretty significant investment. But I consider it a smart investment because:

  • It’s a one time expense for what could amount to a lifetime of working out
  • The program has a good track record of being successful
  • 30 day money back guarantee if I don’t like it
  • It’s a big enough investment that I am motivated to finish the program

If I bought some stupid DVD program for $15 and I didn’t like it, I’d probably quit. I have $250 in this thing. I have to go the distance and make sure it works.

90 Days of Motivation

If there’s one reason why I know I’m gonna stick with this program, it’s because it seems like everyone around me is getting in shape. My step dad has lost over 100 pounds in the last six months. The Hoff has gotten in great shape over the last year or so. My blogging buddy Travis Pizel has gotten in great shape this year.

I’m gonna do it.

And the best part is that Tag and I will do this together. There’s nothing better for working out than doing it with a partner. She’s committed, and she’s gonna help me when I don’t feel like doing it one day. And if she doesn’t feel like doing it one day, I’ll agree and we’ll go eat 3 pounds of frozen yogurt (It’s a good thing she’s more committed than I am).

So basically, 90 days from now I might abandon this blog to pursue a career in male modeling. More realistically though, you can look for an updated logo with a better looking Kevin McKee at the top of the page coming in the next few months.

What about you? Are you one of those people who made a resolution to get in shape this year? If so, what are you doing to make it happen?

Spread the love